My Watch Story A High School Bulova Accutron, A Father’s Prized Pocket Watch, A 1969 Omega Chronostop, And More
Welcome to another portion of ” My Watch Story ,” a video arrangement featuring HODINKEE perusers and their most valued watches. The entries keep on gushing in, and we were unable to be happier to share them with the watch community. Today, we have five new stories presented by Marc Cohn, John Cote, Rich Howe, Ben Parkhurst, and Steve Polevoi.
Feeling enlivened, or simply finding this task? Please look down to the lower part of the page to learn how to present your own video. On the whole, we hope you appreciate this portion of My Watch Story.
Marc Cohn And His Hamilton Khaki
Napa, CA-local Marc discovered this Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic right off the bat in his watch-collecting days – and at a value he was unable to cannot. He cherishes its large crown and show caseback, and says it’s been an incredible companion that he can wear anywhere.
John Cote And His Le Phare Pocket Watch
John, from Indianapolis, IN, is the child of a watch-collecting father – basically pocket watches. In the last part of the ’80s, his father called him to say he’d found the watch he’d been searching for his entire life – an 18k Le Phare minute repeater, however that the cost was excessively steep. John figured out how to persuade him otherwise.
Rich Howe And His Bulova Accutron
Rich, from Naperville, IL, gotten this Bulova Accutron for his high school graduation. It was hidden away for quite a long time, however his better half as of late discovered it, and he had it overhauled and brought back to life. He says it currently keeps incredible time, and that wearing it brings back recollections from long ago.
Ben Parkhurst And His Omega Chronostop
U.K.- local Ben bought this 1969 Omega Chronostop from its unique proprietor, an individual space nut. In addition to the fact that Ben loves it, however it likewise started an energy for horology in his sweetheart, who wears it regularly. He sold it at a certain point, however seven days before he intended to propose to his sweetheart, the purchaser inquired as to whether he needed to repurchase it – and Ben did just that.
Steve Polevoi And His Seiko Lord Matic
Steve, from Campbell, CA, is the glad proprietor of a family heirloom – this Seiko Lord Matic. In 1972, during an excursion to Japan, his folks bought this watch for Steve’s grandfather. After his grandfather died, Steve inherited it – and wore it consistently for a couple of many years. He anticipates gifting it to his grandson.
Prepared To Submit Your Own Watch Story? Here's How It Works
1. Pick one watch that is uncommon to you, and get your camera phone ready.
2. Record a video revealing to us your generally fascinating or significant story about your watch. Let’s say 2-3 minutes is the sweet spot – in the event that you go longer, that’s alright. (Furthermore, please make sure to present yourself: your name and where you are from.)
3. Get imaginative, keep it clean, and have fun!
4. Take some photos on the wrist and a couple of shots of the watch so we can gladly show them on our site. Horizontal, please.
5. To share your video and photos, you can either A) transfer here ; or B) transfer to your favored huge file move support and send a connect to email@example.com .